Do you want to travel and teach English abroad, but you’re not sure where to start? Our TESOL Certification course is fully accredited, internationally recognized, and will give you the tools you need to be successful as a teacher of English as a Second Language!
TESOL means Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages, and is sometimes referred to as a TEFL certificate - which means Teaching English as a Foreign Language. With a TESOL/TEFL certificate, you show the schools that you’re applying to that you know how to teach - from lesson planning and classroom management to theory and pedagogical techniques.
Throughout the course, you will get the opportunity to submit lesson plans to experienced TESOL teachers, gaining valuable feedback from experts who have been teaching abroad for years!
You can get your 120 hour TESOL certificate online through IOA, at your own pace, in the comfort of your own home!
Start your accredited TESOL certification online now - your first step to seeing the world as an English teacher!
This course is specially designed for those who wish to teach English while traveling abroad.
One of the best, and most consistently in demand, jobs to get while traveling overseas is TESOL instructor. BUT! Simply because you speak English does not mean that you can teach it, at least not without our help.
We put together everything you need to know in this one course to ensure your success!
In this course, we’ll take you through learning modules that will prepare you for your new adventure. You’ll learn:
- How to motivate students who are new to the English language.
- How to use a student’s primary language to teach them a new language.
- The basics of linguistics, which will help bridge the gap between the students’ primary language and English.
- All the reading, writing, speaking, and listening skills you will need to impart in your students.
- Basic pedagogical techniques
- Classroom management strategies
- How to get hired abroad
After completing this course, you could:
- Get a job at an English academy anywhere in the world
- Work as an Au Pair, nanny, or childminder
- Teach private one-on-one lessons
- Gain a better understanding of English and the teaching of language, to improve your own language studies
International Open Academy courses are designed for anyone with an interest in learning. No formal qualifications are required to study with us. Our courses are suitable if you want to learn new skills, start a new career, or if you’re already working in a particular industry and wish to upgrade your talents and enhance your resume.
To receive certification, you must:
- Complete every page of the course
- Pass the exams with a minimum score of 55% for each (each module includes a test based on key learning objectives in that study topic)
If you meet this criteria, your certificate of successful completion will be emailed to you immediately after you finish the course
You will also have the option to order a hard copy certificate directly from ICOES. (www.icoes.org)