Being a presenter means working at the front line of television. While it can be all-consuming and often challenging, it’s a job that can also be exciting, enthralling and deeply satisfying.
Your job could involve introducing or hosting a show, reporting on special events, reading the news, interacting with live audiences or interviewing folk from all walks of life.
However, TV presenting can be a tough business to break into and that’s why it’s important to get the inside track on what it takes to become the next David Letterman or Ryan Seacrest.
Learning how to bring something special to a show by focusing on your strengths and building your own personal brand, is also essential in your approach to becoming a standout TV presenter.
That’s why this course lays down the foundation that you need to become part of this thrilling world while imparting essential tricks and tips of the trade.
Have you ever watched a popular presenter hosting a TV program and thought, “How do I get to do that?” If you have, then this is the course for you!
Whether your interest is in hard news, current affairs, human interest, entertainment, culture, travel or sports presenting, there are very few jobs where you can indulge your passions while reaching out to millions of people at the same time.
In doing this course, you will learn:
- The basics of broadcasting
- The team behind the scenes
- The most important skills you need to possess
- What producers and agents are really looking for in a TV presenter
- How to stand out from the crowd
- Understanding your own special ‘brand’
You’ll be introduced to:
- Different camera presentations from handheld to multi-camera
- What it means to ‘talk to camera’, ‘talk to time’ and how to do both effectively
- Autocue techniques
- Using an earpiece with ‘open talkback’
- How to ad-lib effectively
- Researching, scripting and conducting great on-air interviews
- Pre-records and live broadcasts
After completing this course, you could:
- Explore the interesting and exciting television industry
- Become a more polished and self-assured presenter
- Expand your skills as a MC and presenter of live events
- Gain a better understanding of your personal brand, and how to grow it
International Open Academy courses are designed for anyone with an interest in learning. No formal qualifications are required to study with us. Our courses are suitable if you want to learn new skills, start a new career, or if you’re already working in a particular industry and wish to upgrade your talents and enhance your resume.
To receive certification, you must:
- Complete every page of the course
- Pass the exams with a minimum score of 55% for each (each module includes a test based on key learning objectives in that study topic)
If you meet this criteria, your certificate of successful completion will be emailed to you immediately after you finish the course
You will also have the option to order a hard copy certificate directly from ICOES. (www.icoes.org)